Viglinks

Friday, December 11, 2015

I am a Narcissist : Here is a Article from Wikinut Posted by an Admirer

This is a post by an admirer and tickles my vanity !!

In praise of a great Wikinut author and my role model

PtrikhaBy Ptrikha, 5th Dec 2013 
In praise of a Wikinut author who has inspired me a lot, and influenced a lot of my work on Wikinut and elsewhere

The inspiration and the perspiration

There is a very popular saying that great works are 99% perspiration and 1% inspiration. I feel that the ratio could vary from person to person. For me, it could be 20% inspiration, and 80% hard work.
Well, here is a person on Wikinut to whom I want to dedicate a lot of my writing on Wikinut and other sites.
He has been pivotal in my 20% inspiration, though I myself cannot judge whether my works have achieved the rest of 80% perspiration, or whether they are half-way, 70% or something else.

A Wikinut author I admire

The author I am talking about is Madan G Singh. He has been writing on a variety of topics like
-Politics
-War and History
-Sports
-Women
-Interesting customs and laws
-Tourist places
-Personal encounters
and many more.

Even though I am following Madan on Wikinut using "Follow" link, now a days, I straightaway go and check his articles first, apart from those of cnwriter, Peter Giblett and Siva.
Among all his works here(and also some of his works on Knoji), his works on War and History inspired me a lot. It led me into the habit of reading a lot about History (which I was interested since childhood) and wars from various Online sources, at times so fast as to cause headache.
I started writing on a variety of history and war topics, like on some of the battles of WWI, the German Unification, a few war movies, and a few more similar topics.

May be, you can come across some of his style being used in my articles. Yet I think my articles are not even half as engrossing as what he writes.

And he continues to inspire with his range of articles. Currently, traditions of Indian Armed forces, and Dubai seem to be his favorite.

In the end, I can only say - Keep it up and thanks a lot Madan!
by 

Tags

Meet the author

author avatarPtrikha
Ptrikha is an IT professional, with a great appetite for writing on a variety of topics ranging from Business, Economics, Politics, Sports, Technology, and much more. He has written over 100 Article

Comments

author avatarLOVERME
5th Dec 2013 (#)
he and shiva are great i follow them both
author avatarMark Gordon Brown
5th Dec 2013 (#)
Madan is an excellent writer, he produces very informative articles.
author avatarcnwriter..carolina
5th Dec 2013 (#)
Yes my friend Madan is an extremely good writer and I love the way he covers so many subjects in such indepth ways..thank you for this and for the mention...most kind of you...blessings..
author avatarMarilynDavisatTIERS
7th Dec 2013 (#)
Good evening, Ptrikha; I too have read many of Madan's articles and always find them interesting and informative. Thanks for reminding us of his talents and areas of interest. ~Marilyn
author avatarFern Mc Costigan
7th Dec 2013 (#)
I tip my hat to Madan and lot of otehr people in teh forum, nice post
author avatarRandhir Bechoo
7th Dec 2013 (#)
Interesting article.Yes,Mr Madan G Singh is a versatile writer.A great contribution to Wikinut.
author avatarPtrikha
9th Dec 2013 (#)
Thanks to all of you.
author avatarLegend
14th Dec 2013 (#)
You are of course, correct, Madan is one of my favorites too. I enjoy your articles as well. Good writing!
author avatarPtrikha
15th Dec 2013 (#)
Thanks Legend.
t
author avatarSivaramakrishnan A
25th Dec 2013 (#)
Madan overs a variety of subjects and has his own strong views and not afraid to stand by them. Thanks also for the mention.You are following the right mentor for inspiration, Ptrikha - siva
author avatarPhyl Campbell
16th Jan 2014 (#)
I agree with Siva and the others. I am glad you have found an inspiring mentor in Madan. Write well & with joy!
author avatarPtrikha
17th Jan 2014 (#)
Thanks Phyl