Viglinks

Sunday, December 20, 2015

Why I am a Hindu ** 87


This post was published by Justice Katju. Its wonderful and I am in agreement with him.
He says- I am an atheist, but if I had to choose my religion, I would have chosen Hinduism. 
That is because while in other religions there is only one God, in Hinduism there are 330 million gods. So you can choose the god who suits your temperament as your.'Ishta Devta'

 If you are fond of drugs and alcohol, you can choose Lord Shiva ( he is said to be fond of bhaang, dhatura, etc ). If you are fond of many women, you can choose Lord Krishna ( the gopis of Vrindaban  were very fond of him and he allegedly married 16000 women at a time ), but if you are devoted to one single woman, which you should be ( 'ek hi naari sada brahmachari', as I used to say in court while deciding bigamy cases )  you should choose Lord Rama.

 You can select a god with the head of an elephant ( Ganesh ), or  of a monkey ( Hanuman ) or even a pig ( Varaha devata ).. You can select a god with 4 heads ( Brahma ), though sadly the chap has few worshippers, and there is reportedly only one temple in his honour ( at Pushkar, near Ajmer ) in India. You can worship Kali or Murugan or whatever you like.

Or you can be an atheist like me, denounce all sacred books as containing nonsense and all religions to be superstitions and false, and yet remain a Hindu .

No comments:

Post a Comment