Viglinks

Saturday, September 17, 2011

The Sad Case of Manmohan Singh



When I get up and read the morning news papers it gives me a pang to see the Sikh prime minister staring into your face from the photograph on the page. It gives me a feeling that he is bewildered, maybe its my perception. But when some IIT graduates refused to take degrees from him I realized that here is a man who is not only bewildered, but has lost his crown of a philosopher.
 Man Mohan Singh comes from a community that is known to be hardy and has produced some of the greatest martyrs in Indian history, yet here is a man who has negated everything that the great Sikhs stood for. He has proved himself ineffective in tackling corruption, poor administration, a policy of drift in foreign affairs and above all joining a party that has the blood of his own community on its hands.
When he looks at himself in the mirror I wonder if he can ask his soul; is that all ? Is that my purport in life ? Perhaps he must look to the Sikh scriptures for an answer.

No comments:

Post a Comment