Viglinks

Saturday, January 8, 2011

Acharya Rajneesh-A Brilliant Man * 72



The brilliance of Rajneesh can be seen from this excerpt from his biography, The Luminous Rebel. It shows what a sharp and incisive man he was.

The first college I entered, I wanted to learn logic.And the old professor... Started talking about Aristotle, the father of western logic...I said 'wait a minute. Do you know that Aristotle writes in his book that women have less teeth then men? "He said 'My God, what kind of question is this?' I said "it has something very fundamental to do with the whole process of logic. Are you aware that Aristotle had two wives?' He said, "I don't know... from where are you getting these facts?"But in Greece it has traditionally known for centuries that women were bound to have everything less than men. Naturally they couldn't have the same number of teeth as men. "I said," And you call this man Aristotle the father of Logic? He could have at least counted-he had two wives available, but he didn't count"

We should thus not dismiss Rajneesh as a charlatan.He was certainly much more.Perhaps my article on Suite 101 and Ezine articles can be read in this conjunction. Rajneesh  later assumed the title "OSHO" and mesmirsed am entire generation. One wonders where the mass of his followers place him a 100 years own the line

No comments:

Post a Comment