Viglinks

Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Driving My Mustang Ford Convertable in Abu Dhabi

I have now been in Abu Dhabi for a fairly lengthy period and was able to get my Driving License. Getting a driving license in the UAE is a great achievement as the tests are tough and only after you get one , you can buy a car. I settled for a 2008 Ford Mustang. Compared to India this second hand car is dirt cheap. I settled for a Ford Mustang Convertible coupe owned by a Abu Dhabi business man. The car is very well maintained and driving it it is like a breeze; fast and racy with the wind swirling around your ears. There are many fast cars but the car I chose is the Ford Mustang convertible coupe 2008 model. It’s a blue color car with a removable top and once you pull it down and drive, it is an exhilarating experience. The car has a 210 hp, 6 liter engine with automatic transmission and climate control. But I dare say with the top pulled down you wont be needing any air-conditioning. It is slated to have a top speed of over 200 mph, but I have driven it at 150 mph and that is pretty fast. The roads in Abu Dhabi are simply wonderful and a drive from Abu Dhabi to Dubai is great fun as you can drive at speeds touching 200 mph. You can’t have better roads than in Abu Dhabi. This car, I am afraid is not for Indian roads at all. I can’t think of any Indian road where you can hurtle along at 200 mph. The car is surprisingly not heavy on gas despite its size and power and on a gallon of gas it does 25 miles. I have enjoyed driving this car. It’s a Left hand drive car and acceleration phenomenal, touching 100 mph in just under a minute. I love driving my Ford Mustang, but the sad part is that importing this car is banned in India and when I go from here I shall have to sell it

No comments:

Post a Comment