Viglinks

Saturday, May 21, 2011

Some Thoughts on Moslem-Non Moslem Marriages.





I confess that I have not thought of this topic much after my affair with a Moslem dentist girl in my younger days. We broke up as the girl wanted me to convert to Islam, which I was not agreeable. But some time back a fellow officer came to me and asked me for advice. It appeared his son a surgeon had come home and told his father that he was going to marry a Moslem girl who was a dentist. It appeared the girl had agreed for the wedding in case the boy converted to Islam and accepted that Allah was his prophet. He was asked to renounce his present religion. Incidentally the boy and his father are Sikhs.
I could not give any advice except to suggest that he could agree to the wedding in case conversion was not a factor. The last I heard was that the boy had converted to Islam and married the girl. The parents were shocked, but somehow this does not shock me. Yes! Sex is a great attraction, but the moral fiber in the children is weak. I could say no to conversion but not this boy who gave up 28 years of a life as a Sikh and became a Moslem has to reply to his conscience. Did he really believe in Islam? Did his heart agree to renounce the Gurus who sacrificed so much for the Sikhs? 
But all this has no meaning and the fact remains that rigidity in Islam is a byword. It is certainly a good thing to be firm about your religion, but to insist on conversion is I feel something that can be avoided. This phenomenon is not confined to India and almost all over the world in case you love a Moslem girl you must convert. Let us all think what can be the solution. I see none as the call from the mosque is stronger than the bell from the temple.

No comments:

Post a Comment