Viglinks

Saturday, March 29, 2014

How Does a Women Feel Living in Purdah and being a Second Wife

I had read that Muslim personal law which is very much in force in Middle East allows a man to have 4 wives. During my stay in the UAE, I also saw many local women wearing the Burkha that covered their face hands and body leaving only the eyes free. I wondered how these women felt in living a life in a Burkha and as part of a harem. I had my chance as I met and became friends with a woman in Dubai, who I met at the beauty parlor. I asked her this question. She hesitated to reply but over a cup of coffee bared her heart to me. She was the younger wife of a man who was double her age and she didn’t like it one bit. She was also not happy with the Burkha, but she was forced to wear one when stepping out and she could not do anything about it. She hated multiple marriages with the same man, but again she had no say and living the wife of a man already married was not what she liked. She hated being made naked before the other wife for sex. I am appalled. What is the solution?

No comments:

Post a Comment